How to Stay Motivated and Enthusiastic
“Enthusiasm is the electricity of life. How do you get it? You act enthusiastic until you make it a habit.”
– Gordon Parks –
Do you feel enthusiastic, motivated and energetic when starting something new, but after some time, you lose your enthusiasm and interest?
This can happen when practicing a self-improvement program, studying a new subject, dieting, exercising, or doing anything else.
Though you acknowledge the importance of what you are doing, know that it will help you, still, you let laziness set in, as well as lack of motivation, lack of enthusiasm, and lack of enough willpower.
This is quite common. After the first spurt of enthusiasm you feel that it is too much for you, too much work and too much effort, and you prefer to quit. You might even if that what you are doing is a burden.
You people who start practicing concentration exercises, meditation, self-discipline exercises, or any other program relating to self improvement expect immediate results. So with losing weight, earning money or learning a new skill. If they don’t experience immediate and spectacular results, they stop and give up.
Quitting is not the solution.
Everything in life requires some work, effort and time.
- What to do when interest and enthusiasm wanes?
- How to persevere when there isn’t enough willpower and self-discipline?
- How to stay motivated when you lose enthusiasm?>
You might acknowledge that a certain goal or project are important, but there isn’t enough inner strength to pursue it. Isn’t it so?
Self-defeating habits, negative programming and lack of inner strength might stand on your way.
This is why people buy books, attend classes, courses, and workshops on a variety of subjects, and yet, find they are not making enough progress.
They discover that enthusiasm and hope are replaced by depression, self-pity and lack of self-esteem.
Often, after reading a book or an article, listening to a lecture or watching a movie, there is a burst of enthusiasm and a high energy level, but this often does not last long.
What can you do to stay motivated and enthusiastic?
Short spurts of enthusiasm or motivation are not enough to accomplish anything of value. You need to keep your desire and inner flame alive and focused on your goal. So what can you do about it?
You need some techniques to help you stay enthusiastic and motivated, so you go on and achieve what you have set your mind to do.
Want to plant seeds of success in your mind?
Learn to practice affirmations!
Affirmations can help you attract money, find love, build positive habits and more.
How to Stay Motivated and Enthusiastic – 9 Tips
- Think about the importance of your goal and what it means to you. Devote 10 minutes a day to reading and thinking about the benefits of what you want to do or accomplish.
- Every day, find at least a few minutes to read about people who achieved success by being tenacious and persistent. You can find many books and articles about this topic on the Internet and in bookstores.
- Find every day a quiet place, and for several minutes visualize yourself acting with enthusiasm and motivation. Make the mental scene as real as possible, and most importantly, in your imagination, feel enthusiastic. Feel the energy and the zest that are awakening within you.
- Do not give up easily. Continue with what you are doing, even if you have lost your enthusiasm. Put more focus and attention. Sometimes, continuing with your project with perseverance, reawakens energy, motivation and desire. Remember, every success requires dedication, time, perseverance and tenacity.
- There is a well known story about a gold prospector, who, after digging to some depth, did not find anything. He gave up and went away. Then, someone else came, and after digging just a few inches more, struck gold. You need to be patient and persistent, even if you see no progress, because success might be just a few inches away.
- Keep repeating affirmations that empower you and inflame your enthusiasm and motivation. For example, “My motivation and enthusiasm are growing more and more every day.” Here is another affirmation: “I have the energy, desire and persistence to continue with my plans.”
- Never regard what you are doing as drudgery. With a little thinking and few changes you can turn it into a pleasurable activity. Even the most boring task can become enjoyable with the right approach and state of mind.
- Once you decide about anything, go on with it, even after you lose enthusiasm and desire. Don’t give up, even if what you are doing seems to be like a burden and drudgery. Don’t give up, even if you feel bored.
Keep thinking about the benefits of what you are doing, and visualize how it will be like after accomplishing what you have set out to do.
- Find a friend, or better still, a group of people who are enthusiastic about a shared topic, like losing weight, exercising, learning a new language or anything else that interests you. A group supports its members and keeps the motivation going.
Remember, this is your own life, and you are responsible for it. Why succumb to laziness and negative programming? This might not be easy, and there might be obstacles on the way, but it certainly is possible.
Keep thinking about how happy you would be after achieving success. Visualize how your life would change, if you overcome your laziness, negative thoughts and negative programming. Just keep your mind on the goal, no matter what.
Don’t rely on spurts of enthusiasm to carry you to your destination. You need to stand up, not give up, and awaken the dormant powers that are within you.
Want to Succeed in Whatever You Do? THINK POSITIVE!
Positive thinking is the way to success.
About the Author
Remez Sasson is the author and creator of Success Consciousness website. He is the author of books and articles that motivate and help people to improve their life, achieve success, gain inner strength and inner peace, and become more positive and happy.