The Latest Information on Coronavirus for Realtors in Florida
Our news team is keeping up with developments that affect Realtors and the real estate industry. Please make sure you’re subscribed to our Daily News newsletter for the latest information right in your inbox (Login required.). You can also click here to see all our top news articles.
NEW! FHFA Extends Foreclosure and Eviction Bans to June 30. Homeowners with mortgages held by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac cannot be evicted through June 30, nor can renters in buildings acquired by the lending giants. Read more
NEW! Foreclosure Ban Extended to June – Eviction Ban Unchanged. Pres. Biden signed an Executive Order extending forbearances and banning foreclosures until June 30. However, he did not change to the eviction ban ending March 31. Read more
The COVID-19 relief bill signed into law in late December 2020 provides unemployment benefits for independent contractors. Florida Realtors and the National Association of Realtors are still sorting through provisions of the $2.3 trillion relief package. Here’s what we know so far. Read more
Foreclosures on FHA-insured loans. Single-family homeowners with FHA-insured mortgages have an additional two months of protection from foreclosure action until February 28, 2021. The moratorium prohibits servicers from initiating or proceeding with foreclosure and foreclosure-related eviction actions. Read more
- In-person showing safety guidelines: Florida Realtors has issued updated safety guidelines for Realtors, including a printable poster to use during Open Houses.
Click the sections below to expand for more information.
- Transactions & keeping your business going
- FORM: COVID-19 extension addendum to contract: Florida Realtors released a new contract extension addendum that allows for time periods and dates to be extended as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- FORM: COVID-19 and contract performance: The COVID-19 pandemic is certainly unprecedented, but is it considered, legally speaking, an “act of God”? Here’s a look at how a court may rule on real estate disputes that arise from transactions during this time. The white paper can also be downloaded as a PDF here.
- FORM: COVID-19 in-person access acknowledgment form: In an effort to be responsive to the members’ demands for a form addressing the risk of entering properties, Florida Realtors has released the new COVID-19/Coronavirus In-Person Access Acknowledgement on Form Simplicity. We have prepared these frequently asked questions to guide you in its usage.
- COVID-19 Legal Hotline FAQs: Florida Realtors attorneys share answers to the top coronavirus questions they are fielding from Realtors across the state. Read them here.
- Office reopening guide for brokers: Florida Realtors has prepared a guide so when real estate brokers ready to open their offices to employees and customers can do so safely.
- Remote notaries: On Jan. 1, authorization for remote notarizations became law, meaning buyers and sellers no longer have to be in the same room. Here’s what you need to know.
- Open houses: All Realtors are encouraged to follow NAR’s guidance regarding Open Houses found here.
- CDC business safety strategies: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released guidance for businesses and employers here.
- NAR guides for Realtors and Realtor Associations: The National Association of Realtors has posted a guide for Realtors in relation to COVID-19 and a guide for Realtor Associations in relation to COVID-19.
- Travel guidance: Here is specific information from the CDC regarding travel.
A True Partner!
Learn Why There is a Difference!
Commercial Financing for All Your Real Estate Needs
Hard Money * Fix and Flip * Transactional Funding
Conventional Financing * Stated Income * Mezzanine Loans *International Loans * Corporate Loans * 1031 Exchange * Full Documentation * Cash Out Refinance * Lines Of Credit * Hard Money * Fixed Rates * Construction Loans * Acquisition & Development * Equity Financing * Remodel-Renovation *Joint Ventures * Green Energy Loans * Foreign Nationals * Cross Collateral * Distressed Borrowers * Bridge Loans
Apartment * Multifamily * Self Storage Facilities * Office Buildings * Land & Development * Warehouse * Retail Centers * Mobile Home Parks * Resorts * Restaurants * Mixed Use * Convenience Stores * Gas Stations * Car Wash * Hospitality Hotel/Motel * New Residential Development * Golf Courses/Marinas * Auto Body Repair * Industrial * Special Purpose Properties * Medical
The Most Fluid Accounting and Advisory Service Available For Small Business.
Only 30% of Small Businesses Utilize an Accounting Service.
But Did You Know That Ebizmore Accounting and Advisory Services Will Save You Money, Increase Profits, and Ensure Your Success.
Bank & CC reconciliation,
Much, much, more.
+++Business Credit Builder
We Do What It Takes and the Proof Is In the Numbers!